Thursday, August 2, 2007

BECAUSE IT'S THURSDAY...

When I began this blog, I promised myself I'd post on Tuesdays & Thursdays. So, here it is: Thursday night and I am unable to sleep after opening night of THREE FOR THE ROAD. The audience was small but it didn't matter much. It was so exciting to see the actors perform my work so passionately. And the much-dreaded "after chat" with myself and the director was (almost) fun. The audience was generally supportive and offered several very helpful comments. It's going to be difficult to force myself into the editorial capacity when the feeling foremost in my mind is how excited I am to move forward--to continue work on my new play, LITTLE LEAGUERS, while holding on to the insights, the lessons learned from this staged reading experience. More on the technical side of how the staged reading informs the playwriting process later. For tonight, I think I'm going to celebrate a little!

No comments: