Monday, November 29, 2010

BACK TO BUSINESS MONDAY: Labels & Plans

Happy Monday-After-Thanksgiving!  The day on which we avoid scales and pray we never see a slice of turkey again in our lives.  Also the day on which the panic over Christmas preparations sets in.

Between writing and holiday plans, I am worried about keeping up with my cyber-presence (ahem, note that tardiness of this Monday's post).  And, I've got a lot to do to get the website live by my March 1 deadline. In conversation with fellow writers and website folks, I've come to realize that a good website requires a great deal of thought and planning.  And, as I consider some of the issues which have been pointed out to me, I realize both shortcomings of this blog and things I want to do so that what I share here makes sense and connects to my main author website.  A LOT to ponder. So, to avoid feeling completely overwhelmed, I have decided to give myself a number of clear, quantifiable (e.g., I'll know when I'm finished) tasks to get this blog in maximum good shape between now and Christmas.

This week: BLOG LABELS.  I am going to go back through at least six months of blog posts and add labels so the blog is searchable.  Anyone want to join me?  Or are you all blog-efficient smarties who label as you go?  (If so, I am very jealous of you right now!)

3 comments:

Shannon Messenger said...

Um...I'm somewhere in between you. I have been doing labels all along, but I probably didn't put as much thought into them as I should have. So I have a lot of labels that I've only used like...once. What I need to do is go back through and change those to ones I use regularly. I just can't seem to find the will to slog through all that. Maybe you'll inspire me. :)

Stasia said...

Thinking about that, too, Shannon. Planning on making a list of around 25 labels to use. Not really looking forward to this project...

Katherine Longshore said...

Wow, Stasia, I'm impressed by your commitment! I'm looking forward to seeing the changes (though I'm afraid it may make me want to make changes of my own...)