Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wordy Wednesday: GUTLESS WONDER


(okay, not a super-
relevant image but
pretty hilarious)
 So, my wonderful agent and I have been emailing about my new manuscript.  I've been working hard on revisions and had been planning to send her the 2.5-ish draft this past Monday.  Then, I clutched.  I've never actually send a work-in-progress to anyone besides my critique group buddies and a few trusted friends and beta readers.  I'm beginning to discover that I'm a bit of a perfectionist and the thought of my agent seeing something I don't feel is as close to perfect as I can get it is giving me a severe stomach ache (not to mention the insomnia).

I've decided my new superhero name should be "Gutless Wonder."  My previous superhero name around the house was "Vomit Girl" because I can clean up vomit or any other foul child- or pet-related substance without getting queasy.  Turns out my stomach is weaker when my writing is involved.  Ironic, huh?

6 comments:

Sylvie said...

Beginning to discover?

But, seriously, hang in there!

Shannon Messenger said...

Aw...I can so relate. I am dreading the day I have to send a new project off to my agent because she prefers to see it at a much earlier point than I'm used to sending her things. I know the point of that is to catch my mistakes before I waste too much time down the wrong path, but eeeeeeeeeeeeeeek. So I'll be your gutless wonder sidekick. ;)

Stasia said...

Heehee, Sly!
And thanks, Shannon. Who couldn't use a gutless sidekick. Love the eeeeek -- maybe it's my new mantra!
-Stasia

Elana Johnson said...

Oh, I know how this feels. I sent off an outline that had so many highlighted areas, I had to explain what the different colors meant. So yeah. I feel this.

Stasia said...

Wow--highlights! Knew you were creative, Elana! Definitely feeling less lonely about this whole sending unfinished work out into the world thing. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Yeah, it's always kind of scary sending off those new ms. My agent once returned mine after 30pg saying to send it again after I revise, ack. It all turned out well in the end, though and is now out on subs.

btw, thanks for visiting my blog!