Friday, February 11, 2011

Frankly Friday: LITERARY LIFE & TODDLER TV--CONTEST WITH PRIZES!


It turns out even the most tv-addicted preschooler will lose interest if you try to get them to watch (hypothetically) five hours of Wonder Pets while you finish copyedits.


Have you failed your kids, spouse, or pet for the sake of your manuscript?  Do you have a woeful tale of forgotten drycleaning, missed orthodontist appoinmtents, or running out of doggie's prescription ear meds? Do tell (or leave a link) in the comments below.  And you can win stuff.

CONTEST RULES...

At the end of this month, all Frankly Friday commenters will be entered in a drawing to win the LITERARY DOMESTICITY SUPRISE PRIZE (part awesome arc, part just funny)! US and Canada mailing addresses only, please. If you follow/friend me on Twitter/FB and/or Tweet/FB about Frankly Friday's February Prize, let me know in your comment and you'll be entered twice (honor system). Randomly drawn prize-winner will be announced on Monday, February 28th. Best links and comments will be featured here at the blog in March.

5 comments:

Katherine Longshore said...

Me: Why is there only one pair of your socks in your laundry basket?
10-year-old: Because I only had one pair of socks in my drawer.
Me: But I did the laundry last week.
10-year-old: No, that was two weeks ago.
*Check laundry room. Dirty clothes everywhere. Including many, many pairs of socks. Wonder what younger child was doing for underwear all this time.*
The thing is, 10-year-old knows how to do the laundry, too.

Michelle Merrill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Michelle Merrill said...

My head hurts.
My throat aches.
My body feels all funny.
My nose runs.
I'm SO tired.
I should go to bed.
But I don't because I'm writing.
Next day, I feel worse!
The throat is now all congested.
I can't focus on anything.
I'm slightly dizzy...okay, really dizzy.
I feel kind of flushed.
I should take a nap.
But I don't...I just hop on the computer.
And then my nose runs some more.
And a cough chokes up my throat.
I try to push it back down...but it comes up anyway and is so much worse because I tried to stop it.
I deny that I'm getting a cold.
I have too much to do and writing is at the top of the list.
Then my eyes won't stay open.
My throat is now burning.
The coughing is ruining my concentration.
I grab a box of tissues and sit back down at my desk.

Okay...you get the idea.
Like I should take care of myself right?
I'll get to that later.
Right now I'm writing :)

Kjersten said...

Umm... kinda want to say no comment. But, yes I have done this. In fact I've put together entire playlists (mostly train videos) on youtube to keep my 3-year-old occupied in my studio for those times when I JUST CAN'T STOP WORKING! Don't get me wrong, I don't do it every week or anything, but it does happen.

Jennifer said...

Ha, your post above sounds exactly my sister. Her 1 1/2 year old is crazy for Dora. And sometimes it's the only way to get the kid off her hip!

Jennifer.kalman at gmail dot com

I follow you on twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/jlkalman26