Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Meet RIVAL author Sara Bennet Wealer

FIRST: If you like the beach and contemporary YA, swing by author Jessi Kirby's blog to WIN AWESOME SWAG!

NEXT:  As I've mentioned (okay, repeatedly, sorry), I'm a big fan of contemporary YA, especially stories about the arts.  So, I was thrilled to discover  RIVAL by Sara Bennet Wealer, and even more delighted when she offered to share some audition stories at my new companion blog A Year of Auditions.  Here's the beginning of her story...
One of the best ways to learn about yourself is to take some sort of test – put yourself out there and see how you fare. If you’re a performer, then you do that pretty much all the time; it’s called an audition. I’ve had my fair share of them, and each one taught me something, even if it was just that I should never, ever again attempt to sing hair metal.
More than just honest and fun, Sara's story offers insight into the writer-performer connection.  CLICK ON OVER to read the rest! 

No comments: