Friday, November 4, 2011

SHAWN OR SHANE & a WHALE of a good time at ORCA BOOKS, Olympia - Saturday 11/5 at 4 PM

Trying to put some finishing touches on a new manuscript BUT I'm having trouble with the name of the love interest character. For ages he was Seth but I've recently read TWO novels containing Seths, each so interesting and quirky that I cannot get them out of my head. However, for a variety of word-crafty reasons, I want to keep a one-syllable name beginning with S. (Truth: I have over time developed weird formulaic restrictions about character names--how many can be mono-syllabic versus multi-syllabic, end in IE or Y, start with a hard consonant... Yup, just another freak-fact about me!) So, what do we think:
SHAWN or SHANE?

Leave a comment below or, if you live near Olympia, WA, come tell me in person this Saturday at
ORCA BOOKS
509 E. 4th Ave.
Olympia, WA 98502

Meet the authors of the books shown below.
Win signed books, posters, literary swag & more!
Plus a surprise performance event!




No comments: