Monday, October 1, 2012

Do not miss WORDSTOCK 2012!

Portland, Oregon is definitely book country.  I's filled with some of the most amazing writer-reader-blogger people you'll find anywhere on this planet (and possibly other planets, too, who knows?). 

 
This year, Portland is again holding WORDSTOCK (October 11-14).  It's a stunning, sprawly four-day festival during which you can visit publisher exhibitor booths, learn about the craft of writing and the book biz, meet an incredible tribe of wordsmiths including speakers like Kimberly Derting, Martha Brockenbrough, Sara Gundell, Erin Morganstern, Rebecaa Stead and (OMG, nerd crush) David Levithan, and make new friends who won't roll their eyes when you trot out acronyms like PW, YALSA and ALA.

So, if you're anywhere in the PacNW, just get yourself there.  Here's the LINK for info.

3 comments:

Kim Baker said...

Yay! See you there, Stasia!

Raquel Byrnes said...

Ooh, I wish I could go. It sounds inspiring!

Candace said...

I'll be there! I work Wordstock on Sunday from 11-3 but I'll stick around for the remaining panels. I hope to stop by Saturday as well but I'm not for sure on that. YAY for Wordstock!