Monday, July 8, 2013

Back to Business: Nook versus Kindle for the VERSE NOVEL reading experience

I'm going to be honest with you. AUDITION has not been a break-out success of a debut novel. Sales are, well, sufficiently weak that a paperback edition is more of a maybe than a sure-thing. My book cover is also very teen and romantic, leading adult YA readers to skew more to online reading. So, for me, e-book sales are important. Personally, I read on a Kindle. Why? Somebody gave me one. That's it, really. I'm not much of a technology buff and honestly have no strong opinion. However, given my sales situation, I though it might be interesting to answer this question:

HOW DO VERSE NOVELS LOOK IN E-BOOK FORMAT?

I took screenshots of online sample pages of Audition at both B&N and Amazon. Here are the results.


KINDLE PREVIEW


B&N NOOK PREVIEW

 
 

I find it a little bit difficult to read the verse as a two-page spread without the division of a binding-seam in the middle, as it appears in the Nook preview. So, for this, I think I prefer the Kindle version. What do you think? Have you compared e-reader experiences more generally and formed any opinions? Please do share!

No comments: